Friday, May 18, 2012

Pizza redeemed!

A new little gem in Old Town has really caught my attention.  After last week's let down I was pleasantly surprised by the delicious array of food at Flight 1551.  Jen and I met for an impromptu flight of wine one fine evening and decided to stick around for a little nosh. 



Oh my gosh, I'm so happy right now!!! Great wine...I had the Italian Stallion, a trio of rich reds. Jen enjoyed the Soft Rock, more reds with a soft and easy palette. We loved the fun facts about each wine at the bottom of each tasting card.

We then spied the classic flatbread pizzas and had to have the one drizzled in white truffle oil. Not a sauced pizza, but it didn't need any classic tomato sauce. The fresh arugula, little grape tomatoes and truffle oil were flavor enough. And what meal would be complete without a flight of grilled cheese topped with everything from manchego and figs to brie and lemon confit! And a third more normal and equally as delicious topped with a cheese and yummy roasted tomatoes. I can't wait to go back and try some other items from the menu.

As we were licking our lips and finger tips at the end of the meal, enjoying another sip from our flights, one of Flight 1551's owners, Dan, asked how we enjoyed our meal and sat down for a little laughter and banter about our favorite restaurants around the city. We continued the conversation inside at the bar, allowing Todd, the bartender, to select two amazing glasses of wine.



I know we'll be back.  Hopefully you'll give it a try too!

Enjoy!!!

No comments: