Monday, February 21, 2011

Wonderful Things

I can't think of a better way to spend my recent Saturday off than by brunching, treasure hunting and then capping everything off with a lovely glass of red wine and a little snack.  Can you think of a better afternoon?  Nope.  Didn't think so.  

My designer friend, Robert Northington, succeeded in twisting my arm (well, not really twisting...more a gentle cajoling) and convincing me that I must buy these fabulous little baubles during our trip to Hoard Antiques in Lincoln Square.

I already owned the 3 multi-metaled cuffs and the copper linked bracelet seemed so at home on my arm with the other three.  I just had to take it home with me!


The next stop was Ravenswood Antique Mart for a browse through their very well edited and inspirational collection of mid-century antiques.  I love this place.  Go there if you haven't already.  You won't be disappointed.
As the day progressed we drove past the Red Rooster Wine Bar in Lincoln Park.  It is like a little slice of Paris in our own back yard!  And I have to say again...if you haven't been...GO!  Check out our after shopping snack.  C'etait merveilleux!

 The bar is tres charmant.  As was the bartender.  He'd been there for 20 years!

Geraniums in February!

Doesn't Robert look happy?

This was our snack...escargots!!!

I was not wearing this amazing color...but it is wonderful, so I had to add it to my post.  Yves Saint Laurent - Red 02  This  is my newest lipstick color and I can't wait wear it out!

No comments: